Salle service de santé
Salle 1914-1919
Salle armée de terre
Salle 90eme RI
Salle des drapeaux
Salle US

Accès adhérents

Make a donation

EntrepriseBusiness   particulier Individual

Public reception

Visits on Wednesday
9 - 12 am + 2 - 5 pm
Guided: 9:30am + 2:30pm
registration 06.72.69.30.40

google maps   Plan accès Martinerie
 Google Maps  Access map

Schedule

Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

Upcoming events

No upcoming event!


Always eager to preserve the military memory of the Indre department, “Les Amis de La Martinerie” suggested to Mrs. Delphine Geneste, mayor of the town of Déols, to entrust them with the model of the commune's war memorial.

The decision to build a war memorial was taken in September 1919. This decision made by the municipal council was the subject of a call for tenders for which two projects were proposed.

That of Ernest Nivet, a reknown artist from the Indre department, and that of Roger Picard, a young sculptor from Déols. It was the project of the young “Déolois” that was selected.

This model of the monument therefore dates from the 1920s.

The model was given to “Les Amis de La Martinerie” by Madame Geneste and by Michel Blondeau, honorary mayor of Déols.

One of the volunteers from “Les Amis de La Martinerie” will take charge of its renovation before putting it on display in “la maison départementale de la mémoire militaire”.

The history of the model can be found below in the article by Roland Pérot, “La Nouvelle République” newspaper correspondant.

La NR article dated December 2, 2023

Click on images to enlarge and see captions